Nancy visits classrooms and speaks at educational conferences.
- She reads, sings and shares the bookmaking process with preschoolers and early elementary students.
- She holds writing workshops with older readers.
- She inspires adults at educational conferences on reading, writing and literature.
- From Idea to Finished Book (school programs)
- Poetry: the Natural language of Young Children (early childhood educators)
- Connections: The Value of Relationships (church groups)
- The House Where Hope Still Lives (children’s literature and education conferences)
Nancy shares how she generates ideas for poems and stories and their process of becoming books. She brings rough drafts, press sheets, dummies, and proofs and also reads and sings from the books. She offers a PowerPoint presentation of her family's 18 years in Alaska and that influence on her writing.
- 15-30 minutes for preschool-K
- 30-45 minutes for 1st-2nd grades
- 45-60 minutes for older students and/or mixed groups
- Children's Choice
- Parents' Choice
- NCTE Notables
- Publishers Weekly Book of the Year
- Booklist Editor’s Choice
- National Outdoor Book Award
- International Reading Association/Children's Book Council Award
- Parents' Magazine Best Book
- Independent Booksellers Award
- and others